18) The lease sum/rental fee includes mandatory vehicle insurance, that includes liability insurance and accident insurance for the driver and the owner.
19) Third-party liability insurance consists of the amount stipulated by Icelandic law at any given time.
20) The lessee can purchase separate accident (All-risks) insurance. This policy will specify the amount deductible in each instance of loss.
21) This accident/all-risks insurance does not cover:
a) intentional damages or damages due to gross negligence on the part of the driver.
b) damages resulting from the driver being under the influence of alcohol, stimulants or sedatives, or in any other way incapable of driving the vehicle in a safe manner.
c) Damages due to race or test driving.
d) Damages due to war, revolution, civil unrest, riots.
e) Damages done by animals.
f) Holes burned into seats, carpets, or mats.
g) Damages affecting only wheels, tires, suspension, batteries, glass (other than windows), radios, or loss by theft of parts of the vehicle and damages resulting from this.
h) Damages caused by driving on rough roads to the vehicle's transmission, drive, other parts that are in or attached to the chassis; damages to the chassis resulting from the vehicle scraping bottom on rough roads as a result of ridges being left by road graders; stones lodged in the road surface or on the shoulder of the road. The same applies to damages occurring when stones are thrown up, striking the underside of the vehicle during driving.
i) Damages resulting from driving in places where vehicle traffic is prohibited, such as paths, tracks, banks of snow, ice, unbridged rivers or streams, beaches, places only accessible at low tide, or other trackless areas. However, compensation will be paid for damages if the driver is forced to leave the road, for example, due to road repairs.
j) Damages caused by sand, gravel, ash, pumice, or other kinds of earth material being blown onto the vehicle.
k) If the vehicle is transported by sea, no compensation will be paid for damages caused by sea spray/seawater.
l) In other instances, reference is made to the general conditions for accident /All-risks insurance.
22) The lessee may purchase special Gravel protection (GP), Theft protection (TP), and Super collision damage waiver (SCDW).